The fertility yoga course is specifically designed to support women trying to conceive. Classes promote relaxation and focus on reducing the physiological effects that busy lives and stressful emotions have on the endocrine system (hormones) that impede fertility and preconception. Classes have a strong emphasis on breathing practices, meditation and yogic postures that reduce stress and aid in fertility.
Class are designed to support and nurture women trying to conceive naturally and undergoing fertility treatment (with doctors approval).
Benefits of Fertility Yoga:
- Reduce stress levels and promote relaxation
- Reduce anxiety surrounding conception and fertility treatment
- Restore balance to the endocrine system (hormones) that impede fertility
- Learn how to track your fertility naturally
- Learn yogic practices to support reproductive health and aid in fertility
- Offer support during miscarriage and menstruation
- Create a community and support network for women to talk, share experiences and make friendships
How it Works:
Stress plays a huge role in most peoples’ lives and is a key contributor to impeding fertility. Stress activates the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and sends our body into ‘fight or flight’ mode. When our SNS is activated (a.k.a 'stress response') our body produces the stress hormone cortisol. High cortisol levels reduce fertility because it leads to immune, digestive and reproductive suppression. This reproductive suppression occurs because our body is stressed and perceives itself in survival or ‘fight or flight’ mode. Our body then diverts it’s resources to the organs and bodily functions needed most for survival. As the reproduction organs are not necessary for survival, fertility becomes impeded for as long as the body remains in survival mode and exposed on on-going stress. Long term, this begins to change how our endocrine system regulates our hormones, causing problems with ovulation, egg fertilisation and implantation.
How Does Fertility Yoga Help?
Fertility yoga supports reproductive health and teaches women how to reduce and manage lifestyle and emotional stress, as well as anxiety surrounding conception and fertility treatment. Yogic practices such as asana (yoga postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques) directly engage the parasympathetic nervous system or PNS (a.k.a 'relaxation response') and this helps to promote conception in two ways:
1. Restoring balance to the nervous system by reducing the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) that inhibits fertility and engaging the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) which is essential for the reproductive system to function properly
2. Balancing the endocrine system (hormones) to regulate ovulation, egg fertilisation and implantation
Join the Next Fertility Yoga Course:
All fertility yoga course classes are 75 minutes in duration and run at the same time each week, courses run for 5 consecutive weeks.
- Register Your Interest: Register your interest to attend our course and help us choose the best course day and time by making a suggestion.
- Fertility Yoga 5 Class Course: $125.00 (1 x class / week for 5 weeks)
Note: If you know if advance you can not attend all 5 weeks due to other commitments, contact us before booking the course to see if there is availability to only pay for the weeks you can attend. You must be able to attend at least 3 of the 5 weeks.
Book Fertility Yoga Course:
Disclosure: Fertility classes do not guarantee pregnancy. Classes are designed to support women trying to conceive through the practice of yoga.
Please read the terms and conditions below before booking the course.
Fertility yoga is run as a 5 week course (1 x class / week for 5 consecutive weeks). After completing one course you can continue to re-register until you conceive.
Women who fall pregnant during the course can choose to either continue the course until weeks 11 – 12 of pregnancy or transfer the balance of any paid classes to the pregnancy yoga course.
Please ensure you can complete a total of 5 classes before the last day of the course or contact us prior to booking to see if there is availability to purchase only the classes you can attend, you must be able to attend at least 3 of the 5 classes. If you are sick or need to miss a class you can make-up a class by attending either another fertility class (if available) or meditation class by prior arrangement with our teacher, unfortunately classes not attended after the last day of the course are forfeited.
Due to the popularity of our course and limited spaces available casual / drop-in attendance is not available for new registrations.