Pregnancy yoga classes are a specialised form of yoga adapted from traditional yoga poses to make yoga 100% safe throughout pregnancy. Classes are relaxing and help prepare mum-to-be for labour and birth physically, mentally and emotionally. Classes have a strong emphasis on breathing and meditation techniques to help manage labour and connect with baby. Classes include gentle stretches and strength building exercises to develop greater body awareness and relieve some of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy.
Classes not only help to support women during pregnancy, they also create a community and support network for mums-to-be to talk, share experiences and make friendships. Many women stay in-touch after they give birth and many return to pregnancy yoga classes for their second, third and future pregnancies.
You can start pregnancy classes any time after the first 12 we/eks. You can continue classes all the way up to your due date or as recommended by your doctor.
Pregnancy yoga is the perfect way to relax, keep fit and have a healthy pregnancy and birth.
Join the next Pregnancy Yoga Course
All pregnancy yoga course classes are 75 minutes in duration and run at the same time each week, courses run for 5 consecutive weeks.
- Thursday (6:00pm - 7:15pm) - Thurs 22/08 - 19/09
- Sunday (11:00am - 12:15pm) - Sun 25/08 - 22/09 (4 weeks only)
Note: There is no yoga on Father's Day Sun 01/09, the Sunday course will be 4 weeks only.
- Thursday (6:00pm - 7:15pm) - Thurs 05/09 - 09/09 (3 weeks only)
- Sunday (11:00am - 12:15pm) - Sun 08/09 - 22/09 (3 weeks only)
- Thursday (6:00pm - 7:15pm) - Thurs 03/10 - 31/10 - late entry until 17/10
- Sunday (11:00am - 12:15pm) - Sun 06/10 - 17/11 - late entry until 27/10
Note: There is no yoga on Sun 20/10 or Melb Cup weekend 03/11 the course has been extend around these dates.
- Thursday (6:00pm - 7:15pm) - Thurs 07/11 - 05/12 - late entry until 21/11
- Sunday (11:00am - 12:15pm) - Sun 10/11 - 08/12 - late entry until 24/11
Pregnancy Yoga takes a break in December and January each year, courses resume in February 2020.
- Pregnancy Yoga 5 Week Course: $125.00 (1 x class / week for 5 weeks)
- Pregnancy Yoga 4 Week Course: $100.00 (1 x class / week for 4 weeks)
- Pregnancy Yoga 3 Week Course: $75.00 (1 x class / week for 3 weeks)
Note: If you know if advance you cannot attend all 5 weeks due to other commitments, contact us before booking the course to see if there is availability to only pay for the weeks you can attend. You must be able to attend at least 3 of the 5 weeks.
Please read the terms and conditions below before booking the course.
Pregnancy yoga is run as a 5 week course (1 x class / week for 5 consecutive weeks). After completing one course you can continue to re-register until your due date, casual attendance is available to women over 35 weeks who have completed one or more courses.
Please ensure you can complete a total of 5 classes before the last day of the course or contact us prior to booking to see if there is availability to purchase only the classes you can attend, you must be able to attend at least 3 of the 5 classes. If you are sick or need to miss a class you can make-up a class by attending either another pregnancy class (if available) or meditation class by prior arrangement with our teacher, unfortunately classes not attended after the last day of the course are forfeited.
Due to the popularity of our course and limited spaces available casual / drop-in attendance is not available for new registrations.